A place for my lovely steampunk friends to play!

J. Koenen-Skadu's Training!

Alethearia
    Admin

Location : inside a giant metal beast bent on destroying the world... again

J. Koenen-Skadu's Training!

Post  Alethearia on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:10 pm

A young woman, about seventeen, walks into the instruction room, turns around, and looks completely taken aback to see that you are in the room. Her fiery red hair is tied back in a long braid and she's holding a stack of books close to her chest. Her large blue eyes are staring at you with a dear-in-headlights expression.
    Shadodragon

Re: J. Koenen-Skadu's Training!

Post  Shadodragon on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:01 am

J. Koenen-Skadu is alone in the classroom, looking at one of the pictures on the wall, it depicts some battle scene from a war long ago. He turns as the door opens. The woman who enters doesn't see him at first and is clearly startled by his presence when she does. "My apologies Ma'am." She regards him for a few seconds before carefully placing the stack of books on the desk, never taking her eyes off him. "I was told that I should report here for training. My name is J. Koenen-Skadu, but most people call me Jay. I trust I am in the correct room?"
    Alethearia
    Admin

Post  Alethearia on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:38 am

OOC: first lesson - for continuity purposes, "OOC" means "Out of character" and after posting an "OOC" please type "IC" (in character) so that we know when your character is talking and when you're talking.

second lesson - for "play well with others" purposes, only post what you do and say. It can get frustrating for both you and other characters when you write what the other person is doing. The term for this is "godmodding" - not to be confused with "godmoding" which is to not only control what the other person does, but to control your affect on the entire universe.

lesson four - For the purposes of keeping us all on the same page, whomever is in charge of the story, aka the admin, will more or less be the dungeon master, writing the universe's reaction to things.

IC: The redhead analyzes Jay. "Yes, correct room. I just wasn't expecting you to be so old." She tosses him the first book. "Open it." She smiled. This was her favorite part, seeing their reaction to how light the book was. She kept it to herself that it wasn't exactly a book, more of a paper-resembling computer screen between leather binding. Still, it was the reaction on his face that would be priceless. Unless he was just another one of those annoying people that aren't surprised by anything....

OOC: see? I tossed you the book, but am waiting for you to catch it/look at it. Just as an example. Not getting on your case, just trying to help. This is a classroom after all.
    Alethearia
    Admin

Post  Alethearia on Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:39 am

OOC: and yes, I did skip lesson three... don't ask why though. I have no idea!
    Shadodragon

Post  Shadodragon on Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:56 am

Jay caught the book, surprised at how light it was. He turned it over in his hands as he inspected it. "Old? Truth be told miss," he hissed, "I don't know exactly how 'old' I am, and rarely do I feel any type of age. Young, old or in between." He held the book up, "Just what is this?"
    Alethearia
    Admin

Post  Alethearia on Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:56 pm

The young woman smiled, though she was still unsure on how to react to Jay's remark on his age. No matter. She would teach him just the same. "It's your instruction manual. Just about anything you could want to know is on that sheet of paper. Here." She withdrew a hairpin from her long braid and handed it to him. "Slip this over the sheet of paper in there and push the button at the end of the pin."

If Jay were to open the book and apply the pin as she instructed, he would be amazed to find that the page would light up then display a series of instructions on what (again) looks to be paper.
    Shadodragon

Post  Shadodragon on Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:15 pm

OOC ... sorry if my last seemed a bit terse. Had some sad news earlier and it was late. Also, I tend to get a little Mad when it comes to age.
    Alethearia
    Admin

Post  Alethearia on Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:05 pm

OOC: no worries, it's in character. I try to let it stay that way.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:39 pm