A place for my lovely steampunk friends to play!

JR Murray's training scession

JR Murray

Re: JR Murray's training scession

Post  JR Murray on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:07 am

"Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a know it all. People getting themselves into unknown situations agreeably is a sticking point with me. And yes, i agree, I would like to arrive at our destination."

OOC: I would normally write here that we emerge, and describe the surroundings, but this kind of roleplaying seems a little different. I feel that you make the setting and we just play along. I do find it stifles the creativity a bit.
    Alethearia
    Admin

Location : inside a giant metal beast bent on destroying the world... again

Post  Alethearia on Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:42 pm

OOC: I'm so sorry James. That's my fault. I really should post something that lets people know that they can write about their surroundings. I try to make my descriptions as vague as possible, so that you get more of an ambiance than a whole picture. Well, I'm still learning. *shrug*

IC: Jarreth, stopped as they neared the door leading up to the docking terrace. He'd come to a conclusion, he only hoped that it would be the right one. "I'm going with you."
    JR Murray

Post  JR Murray on Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:51 am

"I should bloody well hope so! I have no idea what is on the other side of that door, and if you think I am going through first, you have another think coming! No offense lad."
    I grab Jarreth and spin him around, pinning his arm behind his back, then pushing him towards the door. I reach past him with a hand that is distinctly hairier than it was a few seconds ago, and the fingernails are visibly longer also. It happens when i am on edge, I am normally in much more control.

OOC: no harm meant against you, i reread what i read and it sounded alot more terse than i meant it too be. I was not sure how this worked yet is all.
    Alethearia
    Admin

Post  Alethearia on Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:18 pm

OOC: ooh, I like this. hints of being a shifter, maybe? I can't wait to see how you describe it. Everyone's transition is different, you see. And, as you know, it's based off a person's personality.

IC: Jarreth flinched and pulled away which, of course, made him stumble into the glaring light of the docking area. He landed on his shoulder, wincing in pain. "Dude! Seriously? I'm on your side."
    Alethearia
    Admin

Post  Alethearia on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:10 pm

OOC: Finally! *sigh* *wipes forehead* we have enough people topside, or heading topside that I can get everyone on one page! Sweeet! This is where we're moving to!

http://shadowcastchronicles.forumotion.com/t43-of-airships-and-shapeshifters#279
    JR Murray

Post  JR Murray on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:05 am

OOC: Yes he is a shifter, but i had not even read about it on your wiki till just now. I was going with the 'waking up at the age of 12 with no past life memories, in a lab, with a mad genetic scientist cackling in the corner" type history. I was made, and have since learnt to control my wolf form till mentally commanded, or very threatened. I can also just change parts of myself, and keep many wolf faculties whilst in human form, such as scent and hearing. I find Fantasy roleplay sort of hard to go along with, too many unknowns, and magic seems like cheating some how. At least if a scientist makes it, you have to dream up some realistic physics, and fact behind it. Not just waving a wand and turning someone into a frog.
    The wolf did come about cos i had a hint of this being a fantasy roleplay i must admit, but i added my own steampunk background.
    Olly, also from the same lab, is a different kettle of fish, and i am not revealing the secret of 'him' yet!
    See you there!
    Alethearia
    Admin

Post  Alethearia on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:23 am

OOC: Awesome! I love that steampunk lets you do both fantasy and scifi and it makes perfect sense. Because there are so many things that would totally allow for a werewolf science experiment to happen.
    And now I have to admit that writing fantasy for me is a lot like writing scifi. I have to come up with rules and cost of magic and how it all applies (which is more difficult because it rarely works by real world physics). But yeah. I can't wait to see what you come up with because the rules would be different for you. Have fun with it!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:49 pm