A place for my lovely steampunk friends to play!

Izzy's game

Izzy Burnham

Re: Izzy's game

Post  Izzy Burnham on Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:26 pm

She looked at him, "Sorry, just thinking. You were saying?" Her eyes were drawn back to the sparkling waters, but she forced herself to focus. "The keys, yes. What about them? What do they mean?" She began to walk up to him once more.
    Alethearia
    Admin

Location : inside a giant metal beast bent on destroying the world... again

Post  Alethearia on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:14 pm

Reginard's lower lip twitched a little as he tried to hold in a smile. "Yes. The keys don't really do anything in and of themselves. They're symbols, for recognizing other Keypers." He flashed her a key on the under side of his lapel. It was silver, backed by an ornate cross and embossed wings. Chains looped across the front and in the center were three blue stones. He hid it quickly, giving her a shifting glance.

"The role of a Keyper is simple: hide the identity of those you're protecting. Above the Keypers are the Watchers, who play a more active roll. Subterfuge and all that. And then there's me, or rather, people like me. Moonlighters." His voice was barely a whisper as he and Izzy ascend a long flight of twisting stairs surrounded by windows. "We play an active role in overthrowing the Shadow Cast. Unfortunately, it usually means either becoming a Seeker for them -" he paused, more than hesitant in telling her what he was about to say. "Or being thrown in the Arena."
    Izzy Burnham

Post  Izzy Burnham on Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:28 pm

Her eyebrow raised, "The Arena, ehh?" She looked straight ahead once more, kicking at a pebble and watching it bounce across the floor. "Sounds a bit like my kind of party, if you will. What all does this, being a Keyper, entail? He left me with very few details, you see..."
    Alethearia
    Admin

Post  Alethearia on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:47 pm

Reginard shrugged. "Keep the secret. At any cost. The Shadow Cast is after people... people with gifts to use them or slaughter them. They worship Solentia. They slaughter us. Simple as that. And what it all comes down to is aether." He was getting ahead of himself. For one thing, she wasn't supposed to know what he was - no one was. It put everything at risk. What was he doing even hinting that he was a Creature of the Night? Worse, he was talking about aether. He prayed that he was correct in trusting her.
    Izzy Burnham

Post  Izzy Burnham on Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:13 pm

Slaughter us... Aether... What is he talking about? "Aether? That's what we call the skies. I'm assuming that you mean something very different than I." She shot a glance over at him, her eyes resting on the mask just a moment longer, then looked back at the walkway in front of them. "And, you're very different than I, aren't you?" She whispered the last bit, a small knowing smirk on her face. "Don't worry, I won't tell."
    Alethearia
    Admin

Post  Alethearia on Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:39 pm

Reginard nodded. "You could say that. It's hard to explain. Aether is a force that isn't exactly visible, but you can feel it. Some people describe it as life energy. The Creatures of the Night use this aether when tapping into their abilities. Solentia create aether when they use their abilities. This sort of explains the Shadow Cast's obsession with them. I still haven't figured out everything, but that's part of the reason you've been brought here. We need to find out why, and the only way you can do that is by infiltrating the Shadow Cast which can only be done through becoming a Seeker or entering the Arena. Are you following me?"

Reginard's heart was pounding as he pushed open a door and stepped into the light. The sun was brilliantly blinding, the ocean blue as pure crystal. And, suddenly, he felt dizzy. No, he thought, no! Not a good time. Definitely not a good time. He gripped his head, praying that the ringing would stop, that his heart would stop pounding, that something would come up and prevent what was about to happen.
    Izzy Burnham

Post  Izzy Burnham on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:30 pm

Izzy nodded uncertainly at his words, some ringing with an air of familiarity from Etienne. "So what happens in the Arena? A sort of gladiatoresq battle to the death? Or something else?" She walked out the door past him, again admiring the water, "And as a Seeker, I'm guessing that I would be seeking out Creatures of the Night? For what purpose, though?"

She turned around when he did not answer, and her eyes grew slightly wider when she saw him, "Reg? Are you alright?"
    Alethearia
    Admin

Post  Alethearia on Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:01 pm

OOC: This is where we're going to be moving after my reply:

http://shadowcastchronicles.forumotion.com/t43-of-airships-and-shapeshifters

IC: The world looked distorted, as though viewed through a fish bowl. But at the sound of his name, his eyes snapped onto Izzy. The ringing faded into a low buzz. "Yeah. Yeah, I'll be fine. It's just... something that comes up every once in a while. I'm okay. No, really. I'm fine." He took a few deep breaths, steadying himself on a nearby wall.

Izzy still seemed unconvinced to him, so he flashed her a winning smile. "It's Terrance, by the way. My first name, it's Terrance." He straightened out, further trying to assure her that the brief lapse had passed. "And as for the Arena, to say that it is a gladiatorial fight to the death would be an insult to gladiatorial arenas. I worry for those that go through, the ones that get caught. I wish there were some way to get them out. People loose themselves in there. I know I did." He paused, staring vacantly off into the middle distance... until he realized he was looking slightly melodramatic and turned back to her. "And Seekers track down Creatures of the Night to throw them into the Arena. Of course, we - I - would expect you to give the names and locations of your targets to a Moonlighter contact before you catch them."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:47 pm