A place for my lovely steampunk friends to play!

Oselav Eelioskavich, report for duty

Alethearia
    Admin

Location : inside a giant metal beast bent on destroying the world... again

Oselav Eelioskavich, report for duty

Post  Alethearia on Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:08 pm

OOC: first lesson - for continuity purposes, "OOC" means "Out of character" and after posting an "OOC" please type "IC" (in character) so that we know when your character is talking and when you're talking.

second lesson - for "play well with others" purposes, only post what you do and say. It can get frustrating for both you and other characters when you write what the other person is doing. The term for this is "godmodding" - not to be confused with "godmoding" which is to not only control what the other person does, but to control your affect on the entire universe.

lesson four - For the purposes of keeping us all on the same page, whomever is in charge of the story, aka the admin, will more or less be the dungeon master, writing the universe's reaction to things. For your convenience, I will be posting the narrative in a different color from my character.

And yes, I am aware that I skipped lesson three. I'm not exactly sure why...

IC: You find yourself in on a dock with a hitch, the hitch being that this dock in up in the air, on the highest level of the Transcontinental Island. Of course, this island is currently in the Caribbean and has the ability to move at the owner's whim - which may be at any moment.
    Oselav Eelioskavich

Re: Oselav Eelioskavich, report for duty

Post  Oselav Eelioskavich on Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:44 am

OOC I will be posting for Oselav and Growlski in different colors to keep it more manageable.

IC Oselav looks around slightly confused, then pulls a silver flask in a leather case out of his long coat, and takes a swig.
    "There, now that everything is tilting properly I can get a decent look."
    He then offers some to Growlski.
    "Grr Rawr, Hrrrn.(I don't know why you always have to announce things I would already know, and you know I don't drink that swill)"
    "Looks like someone, I mean you, did not have a level morning snack."
    Oselav then walks to the dock house looking for someone to answer a few questions, with Growlski in tow rumbling under his breath.
    Alethearia
    Admin

Post  Alethearia on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:20 am

OOC: if you're going to choose two colors, could you choose something other than dark red and blue? My eyes are going all wonky trying to read this.

IC: Fes watched the odd pair walking away and got frustrated. They were going to mess everything up, walking away like that. She sighed, stood, and leaped in front of them.

"Just where do you think you're goin?" She demanded. "Class is starting today."
    Oselav Eelioskavich

Post  Oselav Eelioskavich on Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:50 pm

OOC: How about Oselav and Growlski?

IC: Oselav looks her over,"To tell the truth, I had no idea, but that building seemed like a nice start." He says pointing at the dock house.

Growlski sniffs at her, "Roar Grr Hrr?(Who are you and what is this place?" He asks in an annoyed manner.

Oselav then says "We were also looking to answer those things he just asked. I'm going to take it you would do better.

Last edited by Oselav Eelioskavich on Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Colors were messed up.)
    Alethearia
    Admin

Post  Alethearia on Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:26 pm

Fes shifted back on her heals, arms folded over her chest and eyed the pair of shiftily. "I have no idea what mister fuzzy just said, but you two really should have paid more attention when you came in. Here take these." She handed each of them what seemed to be a piece of plastic and what looked like a hair pin. "If you slip the hair pin on the flexi and click the button, it should give you the syllabus."

As you touch the screen, it makes a "blump" sound and ripples out from where you touch it. The glass then takes on the appearance of paper and begins scrolling off a list of events.

1. Evaluation of your problem solving ability.

2. Evaluation of your combat skills.

3. Evaluation of your piloting skills.
    Oselav Eelioskavich

Post  Oselav Eelioskavich on Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:53 pm

Oselav looks over Growlski's shoulder, then whispers "Comrade, this is quite strange."
    "Hrr Grr, Roar.(I know that already, just pick something."
    Oselav then selects the combat skills option on both screens.
    "You are a bear, I'm awesome, should be simple enough for us. What do we do now lady who has no name? You still did not answer our other questions,"
    Alethearia
    Admin

Post  Alethearia on Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:21 pm

But, when you look up again, Fes has disappeared. Flashing on the screens is the note "follow me boys Wink "

OOC: why does this guy remind me of Neil Patrick Harris?

Last edited by Alethearia on Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Oselav Eelioskavich

Post  Oselav Eelioskavich on Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:14 pm

OOC: I'm assuming that if I tap the screen a map will pop up?
    What picture?

IC: Oselav taps his screen and follows the map that appears on the screen.

"Hrrn Grr?(Do you have any idea where your going?)"
    "What? Of course I know where this isn't leading us."
    Alethearia
    Admin

Post  Alethearia on Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:22 am

OOC: sorry, don't know how the word "picture" got in there. But no, no map. It was just a list of curriculum. Also, the read gets all blurry with this back ground. Would you mind changing it again?

IC: Fes, is a world class thief best known for her theft of some highly classified codices from a volt in Chicago and the repeated sacking of Sir Constantine's English manor.

As you aimlessly wonder around the docking area you come across a man sitting at a table, reading a novel.
    Oselav Eelioskavich

Post  Oselav Eelioskavich on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:22 pm

Oselav sits across from the man, "Hey there good sir, what story is that?"

Growlski rolls up to the table, "Grr Roar?(Do you think you could answer a few of our questions?)
    Alethearia
    Admin

Post  Alethearia on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:21 pm

Josh looked up, snapping his book shut and placing it on a table. "Oi, it's about time! Where have you two been?" He had been sitting there, pretending to read, possibly, the most boring book in the world, waiting for these two to finally show up and get on with their lesson.
    Oselav Eelioskavich

Post  Oselav Eelioskavich on Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:45 pm

"So this is where we are supposed to be?" Oselav says then wave the tablet around."This and that other girl completely useless in helping us find places."

Growlski slams both paws onto the table,"Grr Roar Hrrrn Grr(We demand some damned answers.)" Growlski then knocks the book off into the distance.
    Alethearia
    Admin

Post  Alethearia on Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:14 pm

Josh rolled his eyes before giving both of them a dead stare. He stood up, cracked his neck and shoved his hands in his pockets. "Right then. Farst things farst. That thing in your hand, it's a flexi and it's just for curriculum which yuh seem to be doin perty poorly at, by the wey. That missy that just ran off, that's Fes. She's a thief and she has decided that twould be best to rub it in our faces that she stole a bit of data from the school. Now, I suppose that you two dunder heads could take one of two options. One, scrap with me and return my favorite book. Or two, go track down Fess and make yourselves big damn heroes."

Josh was loving this. Normally he was being a wing man to Gabe, but taking the drill Sargent role was turning out to be more fun than he anticipated.

He leaned against the back of his chair with a cocky grin spreading across his face. "Now, I see you gents could probably handle yourself in a good fight and, I dare say, I'd give yuh a good go around. But Fes could slit your throat before you could tink twice and chances are that she will. Wha juh think? Could you handle the job? Cuz I dare say, you're doin a poor job at making me believe you're capable of takin my class."
    Oselav Eelioskavich

Post  Oselav Eelioskavich on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:39 pm

OOC: I'm tired of pretending to translate for Growlski so from now on I'm just going to put the translated words in the quote, unquote"(parentheses)". He's still speaking bear though.

IC: Oselav looks at the man,"We'll fight you, no need to rush into things, but things need to explained first, because I have no idea what this fleximacallit is for."

"(Where are we?)" Growlski says as he get's in Josh's face."(What do you mean for us to be here. And I don't appreciate being ignored.)"
    Alethearia
    Admin

Post  Alethearia on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:31 pm

OOC: no biggie

IC: Josh blinked at Growlski. Having a bear's teeth thrust into his face was not something he experienced every day. Still, he did his best to remain calm.

"Well, if your friend here would mind getting his flap trap out of face I might just explain that to you. Then again, I might not. The fact of teh matter is that you're here to be tested, not t'other way around. And, frankly, it occurs to me that you might not exactly be teh ones I've been waiting for. Where did you say you were from again?"

OOC: I gather that you're from another dimension. I haven't explored everything yet about hoppers, but this is what I have so far. Feel free to play with the concept.

http://shadowcastchronicles.wikia.com/wiki/Hoppers
    Oselav Eelioskavich

Post  Oselav Eelioskavich on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:21 pm

"I'm from The Motherland, Moscow if you like specifics. Growlski is always talking about this Hitler person. I think it was his lover or something along those lines."

Growlski wheels backs a few paces, "(I apologize for my outburst, It's hard to control this body when I get angry.)" Then he points at Oselav, "(Also having him as a companion is quite annoying. I am from Germany, Hitler was a great leader who I'd follow anywhere.)"

Oselav hands the book back to Josh, "Quite a boring book you have there, I'd suggest something else, but I have nothing to suggest. He mentioned his lover again, in case you didn't understand. Anyways, what exactly do you want us to do?"

OOC: Do you want me to start posting in the main forum?
    Oselav Eelioskavich

Post  Oselav Eelioskavich on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:27 pm

OOC: Oselav was thrown out of time some time after the steam revolution, he's not necessarily a hopper unless this is is completely alternate from Earth's history.
    Growlski joined him about a hundred years later according to Oselav. He was one of Hitler's experiments. They were testing Nuclear power on living humans. It's what transformed him into a bear on a unicycle. The unicycle is a separate entity that he has a symbiotic relationship with.
    Alethearia
    Admin

Post  Alethearia on Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:03 am

OOC: dude, seriously. I do not want you to just up and post on the main forum. There is a story here. However, you just don't seem to be getting it. There's a plot. We are going somewhere. You don't seem to be going everywhere. I initially got a bad first impression, but really did give you the benefit of the doubt.

I'm sorry, you've got to go.
    JR Murray

Post  JR Murray on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:02 am

Alethearia wrote:OOC: dude, seriously. I do not want you to just up and post on the main forum. There is a story here. However, you just don't seem to be getting it. There's a plot. We are going somewhere. You don't seem to be going everywhere. I initially got a bad first impression, but really did give you the benefit of the doubt.

I'm sorry, you've got to go.

Wow. because he skipped a step and went to "airships" without permission? Seems a little harsh. He was keen!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:35 pm